Police First Aid | D13
SKU: CMT010CPricing for this course is available on request. This Police First Aid Skills D13 Course is designed for firearms police personnel who are non-healthcare professionals working in high-risk environments. This learning supplements the basic foundation first aid skills. The course covers the defines the 'standard' and 'enhanced' first aid skills defined by The National Police Firearms Curriculum. These requirements are integrated to the First Aid Learning high level outcomes and are referred to as D13 1 and D13 2.
Attending these comprehensive training course will provide learners with a range of advanced first aid skills, knowledge and confidence needed to deal with a range of first aid situations found in their roles.
These are in depth and comprehensive advanced first aid course that takes basic foundation first aid skills and develops them further by adding more complex medical and trauma skills and will cover a broad range of first aid scenarios and emergencies in the context of Learners role.
Including both theory and practical sessions. We provide a practical, hands-on approach teaching learners to deal with emergency situations as the arise with confidence in a fast, safe and effective way. Price available on enquiry.
What’s involved?Each force or unit will have its own requirements based upon local risk assessment that take into account of role requirements, time spent with casualty, likely injury severity, local policy and health care provision.
We work with each to ensure courses deliver all the learning outcomes required. This includes achieving the right balance of classroom based learning, practical assessments, exams and scenarios.
For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions, quizzes and engaging activities designed to coach and support you.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate as you will be required to participate in practical scenario based training sessions.
- Police First Aid Skills | Module 4: First Aid at Work
- Learners must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the training
- Learners need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2).
- Certification fees
- Course material
- Optional: Copy of the D13 Royal College of Surgeons book. This is available on request and may incur an additional charge
What will I learn?Key learning outcomes will vary by requirements and often include:
- Manage an airway using a suitable adjuncts
- Manage breathing complications
- Administer oxygen in accordance with local guidelines
- Demonstrate haemorrhage control techniques using suitable equipment
- Demonstrate splinting techniques using suitable equipment
- Demonstrate safe carrying and moving techniques
- Management of ballistic injuries
- Management of a casualty with a suspected pelvic injury
- Enhanced casualty and scene management