Myofascial Trigger Points for Movement Optimisation and Pain Management – Kinetic Control (KC)
SKU: CMS019OPart of our Masterclass Series, this module explores how to identify myofascial trigger points contributing to patients’ movement related presentations and to effectively treat these points with manual stimulation.
Myofascial trigger points contribute to the pain experience in many chronic and recurrent musculoskeletal presentations. This is often seen in people whose pain is linked to static or sustained postures and repetitive movements. A unique feature of this course is the classification of myofascial trigger points based on muscle recruitment synergies.
Treating sensitised myofascial trigger points is seen to relieve their contribution to musculoskeletal pain presentations and can aid the recovery of pain related changes in recruitment synergies when combined movement and exercise therapy interventions.
Read the full prospectus here.
Who’s it for?Kinetic Control courses are designed for registered medical health professionals such as physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, podiatrists etc.
In exceptional circumstances experienced non-medical health professionals may be allowed to attend Kinetic Control courses but these participants MUST be able demonstrate that the course material is within their scope of practice.
If you are not sure if this course is right for you and want to check get in touch.
What’s involved?This module is delivered over two days (12 hours) during which learners are guided through the programme and complete practical assessments.
For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations and learning checks designed to support your successful integration of the content into your clinical practice.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate as you will be required to participate in practical scenario-based training sessions.
- Learners must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the training
- Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2)*
- Certification fees
- Course material
What will I learn?Key learning outcomes are:
- To have an understanding of the current evidence/ theories regarding the physiology of MTPs.
- Palpate and understand the difference between myofascial trigger points and other tender points.
- Understand how uncontrolled movement plays a role in the development of myofascial trigger points.
- Identify the myofascial trigger points as a contributing source of pain.
- Employ movement assessment in a clinical framework to help guide myofascial trigger point release to treat the source of pain, regain muscle extensibility and change recruitment thresholds for enhanced Movement Health.
- Integrate the assessment and treatment of myofascial trigger point release, movement assessment and retraining into clinical practice.
Suggested ProgressionThis course forms one part of our Masterclass Series from here you can move onto our other modules:
- The Taping Solution: Supporting, Enhancing and Accelerating Training Outcomes
- Movement Movement: Thoracic Spine & Ribs
- And More
Or continue along our Education Pathway and become a Kinetic Control Accredited Tutor (KCAT)
We recommended continually developing and refreshing your knowledge, have a look at our series of eLearning or upcoming courses.