Targeting Muscle Synergies To Optimise Movement Retraining For The Low Back And Hip – Kinetic Control (KC)
SKU: CMS023OPart of our Muscle Synergies Series, this module is specifically designed to develop clinicians’ ability to exert the greatest change on their patient’s movement, chance of recurrence and function by focusing upon muscle synergies of the low back and hip.
The main focus of this course is to give clinicians the tools of assessment and movement retraining to alter contributions of synergistic muscles. This process is designed to ensure patients can move through each day with a more optimal set of movement patterns.
It supports all clinicians’ desired outcomes for their patients through the identification and management of the movement impairment associated to their current low back or hip issue.
Read the full prospectus here.
Who’s it for?Kinetic Control courses are designed for registered medical health professionals such as physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, podiatrists etc.
In exceptional circumstances experienced non-medical health professionals may be allowed to attend Kinetic Control courses but these participants MUST be able demonstrate that the course material is within their scope of practice.
If you are not sure if this course is right for you and want to check get in touch.
What’s involved?This module is delivered over two days (12 hours) during which learners are guided through the programme and complete practical assessments.
For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations and learning checks designed to support your successful integration of the content into your clinical practice.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate as you will be required to participate in practical scenario-based training sessions.
- Learners must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the training
- Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2)*
- Certification fees
- Course material
What will I learn?Key learning outcomes are:
- Demonstrate the skills allowing them to change patients’ movement through the assessment and retraining of muscle synergies.
- Relate muscle synergy recruitment patterns to pain, recurrence and compromised function.
- Demonstrate an ability to assess and retrain muscle synergy efficiency.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess for loss of extensibility and aberrant recruitment substitutions of dominant synergists.
- Display options for movement retraining in addition to acquiring the ability to match the level of retraining to your patient’s abilities and goals.
- Operate within a structured clinical reasoning framework to help patients achieve their outcomes.
Suggested ProgressionThis course forms one part of our Muscle Synergies Series:
- Targeting Muscle Synergies to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Neck & Shoulder
- Beyond Global Movement Control for Pain & Recurrence
- Coordination Efficiency to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Neck and Shoulder
- Coordination Efficiency to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Low Back and Hip
- Multi-Joint Synergies in Alignment and Coordination