Managing Movement: Elbow, Forearm, Wrist and Hand – Kinetic Control (KC)
DescriptionPart of our Masterclass Series, this module reviews the functional anatomy and classification of elbow, wrist and hand musculature providing learners with a complete solution for delivering movement retraining to successfully manage each patient’s pain, pathology and compromised function in the elbow, forearm and hand.
The main focus of this course reviews the functional anatomy and classification of elbow, wrist and hand musculature and presents an integrated management approach based upon a systematic assessment of movement impairments.
This course allows all clinicians to harness the power of movement within their practice to empower people to change mechanisms of recurrence.
Who’s it for?Kinetic Control courses are designed for registered medical health professionals such as physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, podiatrists etc.
In exceptional circumstances experienced non-medical health professionals may be allowed to attend Kinetic Control courses but these participants MUST be able demonstrate that the course material is within their scope of practice.
If you are not sure if this course is right for you and want to check get in touch.
What’s involved?This module is delivered over two days (12 hours) during which learners are guided through the programme and complete practical assessments.
For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations and learning checks designed to support your successful integration of the content into your clinical practice.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate as you will be required to participate in practical scenario-based training sessions.
- Learners must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the training
- Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2)*
- Certification fees
- Course material
What will I learn?Key learning outcomes are:
- Understand the development of movement control impairments.
- Analyse the inter-relationship between restriction and compensation in articular and myofascial tissues.
- Classify muscle synergistic roles based on function & impairments.
- Clinically assess motor control strategies at the elbow, wrist and hand to identify and diagnose the uncontrolled movement.
- Evaluate muscle synergies for movement control impairments and retrain recruitment efficiency for forearm and hand function.
- Implement a retraining strategy based on a clinical reasoning process.
Suggested ProgressionThis course forms one part of our Masterclass Series from here you can move onto our other modules:
- Managing Movement: Impairments of the Lower Leg
- Movement Solutions for Cervico-thoracic Outlet Impairments
- And more
Or continue along our Education Pathway and become a Kinetic Control Accredited Tutor (KCAT)
We recommended continually developing and refreshing your knowledge, have a look at our series of Online Learning or upcoming courses.
Purchase a place on an open course: