Coordination efficiency to optimise movement retraining for the neck and shoulder – Kinetic Control (KC)
SKU: CMS006OPart of our Co-Ordination Efficiency Series, this module is designed to help clinicians deliver highly specific, individualised movement retraining and provide a systemised framework to manage the complexities of pain and dysfunction of the neck and shoulder.
The main focus of this course is to supply clinicians with the skillset and tools needed to highlight and address the mechanisms associated with movement control impairments, specifically those related to pain, pathology and compromised function of the neck and shoulder.
It supports all clinicians’ desired outcomes for their patients through the identification and management of the movement impairment associated to their current neck or shoulder issue.
Read the full prospectus here.
Who’s it for?Kinetic Control courses are designed for registered medical health professionals such as physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, podiatrists etc.
In exceptional circumstances experienced non-medical health professionals may be allowed to attend Kinetic Control courses but these participants MUST be able demonstrate that the course material is within their scope of practice.
If you are not sure if this course is right for you and want to check get in touch.
What’s involved?This module is delivered over two days (12 hours) during which learners are guided through the programme and complete practical assessments.
For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations and learning checks designed to support your successful integration of the content into your clinical practice.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate as you will be required to participate in practical scenario-based training sessions.
- Learners must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the training
- Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2)*
- Certification fees
- Course material
What will I learn?Key learning outcomes are:
- Assess, analyse and address client specific movement impairments.
- Deliver targeted movement retraining to alter the key mechanisms associated to their patients’ neck and shoulder pain or dysfunction.
- Operate within a structured clinical reasoning framework to help patients achieve their outcomes.
- Apply practical interventions derived from contemporary research underpinning the principles of movement evaluation and retraining decision making.
Suggested ProgressionThis course forms one part of our Co-Ordination Efficiency Series from here you can move onto the other two modules:
- Coordination Efficiency to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Low Back and Hip
- Multi-Joint Synergies in Alignment and Coordination
- Targeting Muscle Synergies to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Low Back & Hip
- Targeting Muscle Synergies to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Neck & Shoulder
- Beyond Global Movement Control for Pain & Recurrence