Beyond Global Movement Control For Pain And Recurrence – Kinetic Control (KC)
SKU: CMS003OPart of our Muscle Synergies Series, this module is specifically designed to help clinicians deliver targeted movement retraining to successfully manage each patient’s pain, pathology and compromised function of the low back and hip.
The course identifies how individuals can be identified who will respond to local role synergist retraining, allowing for effective and time efficient rehab intervention.
The course introduces specific cognitive retraining strategies to change local stabilizer role synergist recruitment, emphasising the need to progress into day to day function. Reducing recurrence and restoring confident, sustained pain-free function through targeted retraining of the local stabiliser role system is the underpinning aim of the course.
Read the full prospectus here.
Who’s it for?Kinetic Control courses are designed for registered medical health professionals such as physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, podiatrists etc.
In exceptional circumstances experienced non-medical health professionals may be allowed to attend Kinetic Control courses but these participants MUST be able demonstrate that the course material is within their scope of practice.
If you are not sure if this course is right for you and want to check get in touch.
What’s involved?This module is delivered over two days (12 hours) during which learners are guided through the programme and complete practical assessments.
For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations and learning checks designed to support your successful integration of the content into your clinical practice.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate as you will be required to participate in practical scenario-based training sessions.
- Learners must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the training
- Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2)*
- Certification fees
- Course material
What will I learn?Key learning outcomes are:
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and retrain impairments in the local stabiliser role system related to a patient’s risk of recurrence.
- Demonstrate an ability to employ a clinical reasoning framework to identify which patients require this approach and when.
- Demonstrate enhances skills of cueing and recruitment facilitation.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically appraise the current employment of local stabiliser role synergist assessment and retraining in light of the current body of evidence.
Suggested ProgressionThis course forms one part of our Muscle Synergy Series from here you can move onto the other two modules:
- Targeting Muscle Synergies to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Low Back & Hip
- Targeting Muscle Synergies to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Neck & Shoulder
- Coordination Efficiency to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Neck and Shoulder
- Coordination Efficiency to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Low Back and Hip
- Multi-Joint Synergies in Alignment and Coordination