Advanced First Aid Training
DescriptionThe advanced first aid instructor is designed to fully prepare the learner to become a confident and skilled trainer in first aid and some elements of pre hospital care. The course is broken down into 3 elements:
- Pre course: Distance level 3 education and training online module. Video learning. Preparation for micro teach. Distance pre hospital care modules
- Instructor classroom preparation: The approach and delivery of training and final teaching session.
- Pre hospital care practical training: 2 day practical and classroom/outside training and assessment.
- Level 3 award in education and training
- Recognised industry qualifications
- First responder on scene level 3 qualification (valid 3 years)
- First aid instructor
- Oxygen therapy instructor
- Catastrophic bleeds instructor
- Access to development through courses and mentoring
Who's it for?
- Armed Forces (serving and retired)
- Members of the public looking for a vocational route into pre hospital care
- High risk work environment workplaces
- Trainers in industry wishing to up skill
- Fire fighters
- First responders
- First aid trained persons wishing to enhance skills
- Care staff
- Organisations wishing to up skill existing trainers
- Security and close protection operatives
- Those looking for a new career path as a trainer
- 30 hours pre learning for level 3 education and training.
- 7 hours video learning instruction techniques.
- 12 hours 2x6 hour pre hospital care First responder on scene pre learning.
- 4 days train the trainer classroom delivery. To include teaching sessions.
- 2 days final practical and assessment of pre hospital care course.
PrerequisitesNo formal qualifications are required. Course attendees must be over the age of 18 at the start of the course. Learners must have a good understanding of written and oral English.
- All certification fees
- All pre learning
- First responder essentials paper copy. And app (6 months free)
- First aid made easy A4 booklet
- Education and training manual
- Access to trainer day rate portal on completion
- Continued support and progression
- Access to purchase equipment
- Access to affiliate programme to enable professionals development
Suggested progressionThe next progression is FREC 3, FREC4, FREC 5. All have the potential to gain paid placements with a CQC pre hospital care ambulance provider whilst in training.
Purchase a place on an open course:
Purchase a closed course: