MSP Part B Workshop: Neck & Shoulder
SKU: CMS065VHaving completed the MSP Part B e-learning content, this face-to-face workshop supplies you chance to explore the content within a practical course environment. This module focuses on the neck and shoulder. The series, as a whole, takes the ability to observe and interpret ‘how’ an individual performs a range of tasks and to supply effective tools that can influence the movement strategies observed. The series seeks not only to enhance practitioners’ skills of observation but also their exercise design and delivery (teaching). The content, which has formed some of the principle concepts of the Comera Movement Science range (Kinetic Control, The Performance Matrix), has been specially adapted to meet the requirements of the contemporary world of the movement professional within an array of different working environments.
Who’s it for?This course is suitable for movement professionals who have completed Part A and B (online) of the MSP series. This product is especially relevant for Pilates instructors, and fitness and performance focussed practitioners wanting to further enhance their skills of observation, interpretation, and execution of contemporary movement science principles. If you are not sure if this course is right for you and want to check get in touch.
What’s involved?This module lasts 14 hours. It can be delivered either as a two-day, face-to-face event or as four, 3.5 hour sessions. The format of the course will depend on the choice of the tutors who are running the course.
Pre-requisiteCompletion of Part A and Part B eLearning of MSP. Course delegates are required to possess appropriate qualifications and indemnity insurance to apply the techniques explored within our courses and products. Comera Group Limited and it's subsidiaries accept no responsibility or liability for any damages caused when applying the techniques covered in our courses or via our products.
What’s included?Certificate of attendance.
What will I learn?By the end of the course, the attendee will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the three categories of movement based on the muscle classification model and the construct of recruitment threshold
- Demonstrate an understanding of the movement fundamental model and its relevance to their practice.
- Display an understanding of, and demonstrate an ability to, practically apply the stages of the movement fundamentals framework with respect to specific muscle synergies of the neck and shoulder, to include;
- Client focus: what could be the problem for the client: performance, asymmetry, other… What would lead us to this muscle group?
- Observe: (what kind of task we would ask our client do)
- Interpret: (exploration of each muscle within muscle synergies (global stabiliser role, global mobiliser role) and apply this knowledge into the Movement Fundamentals Model (What is a mismatch?).
- Influence & engage: How we design the retraining program (Refining skills of 'cueing').
- Individualise: progression & regression
- Integrate: Strategies to help clients integrate new movement choices into their daily life/sports.
Suggested ProgressionOnce you’ve completed this workshop and the others in the series, covering the Trunk and the Hip and Lower Leg, you can go on to the MSP Exam process. This can be organised either virtually or at an event organised and hosted by one of our tutors.