Coordination efficiency to optimise movement retraining for the low back and hip – Kinetic Control (KC)
SKU: CMS005OPart of our Co-Ordination Efficiency Series, this module is specifically designed to help clinicians deliver targeted movement retraining to successfully manage each patient’s pain, pathology and compromised function of the low back and hip.
The main focus of this course is to give clinicians the tools and enhanced skillset to use targeted movement retraining to change the mechanisms of movement control impairments related to pain, pathology and compromised function of the low back and hip.
It supports all clinicians’ desired outcomes for their patients through the identification and management of the movement impairment associated to their current low back or hip issue.
Read the full prospectus here.
Who’s it for?Kinetic Control courses are designed for registered medical health professionals such as physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, podiatrists etc.
In exceptional circumstances experienced non-medical health professionals may be allowed to attend Kinetic Control courses but these participants MUST be able demonstrate that the course material is within their scope of practice.
If you are not sure if this course is right for you and want to check get in touch.
What’s involved?This module is delivered over two days (12 hours) during which learners are guided through the programme and complete practical assessments.
For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations and learning checks designed to support your successful integration of the content into your clinical practice.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate as you will be required to participate in practical scenario-based training sessions.
- Learners must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the training
- Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2)*
- Certification fees
- Course material
What will I learn?Key learning outcomes are:
- Evaluate and diagnose movement and identify client specific movement impairments
- Deliver targeted movement retraining to alter the key mechanisms associated to their patients’ low back and hip pain or dysfunction
- Operate within a structured clinical reasoning framework to help patients achieve their outcomes
- Apply practical interventions derived from contemporary research underpinning the principles of movement evaluation and retraining decision making
Suggested ProgressionThis course forms one part of our Co-Ordination Efficiency Series from here you can move onto the other two modules:
- Coordination Efficiency to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Neck and Shoulder
- Multi-Joint Synergies in Alignment and Coordination
- Targeting Muscle Synergies to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Low Back & Hip
- Targeting Muscle Synergies to Optimise Movement Retraining for The Neck & Shoulder
- Beyond Global Movement Control for Pain & Recurrence